Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Right click and drag to adjust brush size is not working

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop 22.4.2. (Apple Silicon) on my M1 Mac Mini running on Big Sur 11.4, adjusting the brush size while right clicking is not possible. 

When right clicking and attempting to drag-adjust the brush size it only shows the normal window where I have to manually set the size & hardness.

Screenshot 2021-07-04 at 07.47.03.png

As I'm coming from Windows, where this always worked - did I miss something or is this a known bug?

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

For Windows the shortcut is ALT + right click and for the MAC it's OPT + CMD and click

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for the reply. Unfortunately, this doesn't work either. I also can't change the brush size using my Wacom Tablet. Usually on Windows it worked just fine when right clicking on the pen and then dragging it to adjust the brush size/hardness. Is there a possibility that Photoshop is misconfigured for Mac or something in the System Settings? I left everything on default so it seems unlikely to me.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try ctrl-alt click-dragging (edit: with the left button). 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx but this doesn't work for me either.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) checked? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines