• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Right click context menu broken

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not sure if this is some weird setting I engaged or a bug (leaning tword bug) But all my right click contest menus are coming up as the "change background color" menu.

flahsfastblack_0-1642281618555.png

Brush, penicl, gradient... everything execpt the move tool has the same right click conext menu. I've never seen this happen before.

Restarted photoshop, restarded my computer. At this point I think I will need to re-install photoshop.

On photoshop 23.0.2 on Window 10

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this happening when you right click on your Photoshop document or just the area surrounding your document?

Before you reinstall Photoshop, try resetting the Preferences. They can be found in the Photoshop menu on a Mac and the Edit menu on Windows. Within the General tab is the button Reset Preferences On Quit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That menu should only appear when clicking outside of the canvas, so be sure to click inside the canvas. But here's what happened to me;

First off are you using multiple artboards? if yes there's a chance that the canvas you were right-clicking on wasn't an Artboard like the others. Try selecting the Brush tool first and Right-click on all the artboards (example: artboards A and B), if the usual brush menu pops up on another artboard (ex: artboard B) the current artboard you failed to click on (ex: artboard A) wasn't actually an artboard. 

Here as you can see because there isn't any text on top of  that canvas that has an "A" on it, i think photoshop treats it as a Background. So the A canvas is just a "floating" canvas, without an artboard attached.

amarsekarwangi_1-1668581268432.png

So what i did was just use the "Artboard Tool" and made an artboard on the canvas that doesn't have text specifying that it's an artboard. In my case it's the A canvas. And as you can see it finally says "Artboard 2" on top

amarsekarwangi_0-1668581172612.png

Even if you aren't using an artboard to begin with maybe this trick will solve it too. I hope this works for others that are facing the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines