Exit

Running an action

Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2023 Oct 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an action that i made

The folder where i images has them named 1, 2, 3, 4 etc

When i run the action if processes the firs one, 1, but then instead of going to 2 goes to image 11, 12, 13 and after 19 seems to jump to 100. So it seems to be processing images with number 1 in it first. Then number 2 etc

Is there a way to make it process them as 1, 2, 3 etc as the original file numbers

thanks

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally you need to zero pad filename numbers with an appropriate amount of digits, such as 0001, 0010, 0100 etc.

You didn't mention it, but I presume that you are using the Batch command.

Adobe Bridge is one option for batch renaming your files (work on duped files to begin with in case the renaming doesn't work as expected). Select all the files, then use Tools > Batch Rename using a sequence number, perhaps using an extra zero for safety.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is how i have the files named......Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The action cuts out a section on each photo (as a batch), but when saving them it mixes them all up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Posting a screenshot of the action with all steps expanded/visible and a screenshot of the Batch command might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines