• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Running Camera Raw in Photoshop from a SmartObject (to be able to use a Radial Filter)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, apologies if this has been answered previously. If I have an image where for example I have a series of other layers of types levels, curves etc over the background layer, I want to be able to use Camera Raw at that point to be able to use the Radial Filter.  I understand you would perhaps need to add a smartobject but my question is what type of layer would I need to add at this point.  I have tried various things but the Camera Raw window will just show a transparent or grey screen to reflect the layer type rather than actually showing the edited image at that point.

Hope I have explained that clearly and thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

If you want to see image with edits done in Photoshop which are on separate layers then you must merge layers somehow. One way is to select all layers and convert them to Smart Object layer or to use Stamp Layers (with top most layer selected press Ctrl + Alt + Shift + E).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I hope i understand

Create a new empty layer and fill with 50% grey

Convert the layer on a smart object and change the blending mode to soft light

Apply the camera raw filter

Let me know if that works for you

Regards

Eugenio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Eugenio for your reply.  This approach doesn't seem to work in my case, it just shows a grey screen in the Camera Raw window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to see image with edits done in Photoshop which are on separate layers then you must merge layers somehow. One way is to select all layers and convert them to Smart Object layer or to use Stamp Layers (with top most layer selected press Ctrl + Alt + Shift + E).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Bojan for your reply, this Stamp Layers approach (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+E) works perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines