• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sample HTML Panel Code

Engaged ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to create an HTML panel for Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 that can take information in from the user and then transmit it to a javascript .jsx file which is then used to modify the active document in Photoshop.  Unfortunately, I have no idea where to start, but if you could point me to some sample code that has already been created and is ready to immediately interface with Photoshop, I would really appreciate it.  Then I could modify it to actually get an idea of how this whole process works.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Honestly, CEP development information is rather scattered all over the place. However, few resources stand out:

1. Official Adobe's CEP-Resource Github page GitHub - Adobe-CEP/CEP-Resources: Getting Started with Adobe CC 2014 Extension SDK that contains all necessary info to develop HTML panels. Unfortunately, it's rather hard to follow if you are new to CEP development. Best way is to download their example scripts and take them apart GitHub - Adobe-CEP/Samples: Samples for Adobe Common Extensibility Platform (CEP)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advocate ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could start from here

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1401396

Barranca also wrote a book

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Honestly, CEP development information is rather scattered all over the place. However, few resources stand out:

1. Official Adobe's CEP-Resource Github page GitHub - Adobe-CEP/CEP-Resources: Getting Started with Adobe CC 2014 Extension SDK that contains all necessary info to develop HTML panels. Unfortunately, it's rather hard to follow if you are new to CEP development. Best way is to download their example scripts and take them apart GitHub - Adobe-CEP/Samples: Samples for Adobe Common Extensibility Platform (CEP)

2. All hands down - best down-to-earth info you can find on Davide_Barranca's blog https://www.davidebarranca.com/ - David host few neat tricks to work with CEP. Also his book Photoshop HTML Panels is like a bible - so far I find he's resources being a must-have.

3. This forum / Google search are your best friend in this case.

However, if you are new to scripting, I'd recommend you looking into ScriptUI panel for photoshop - learn building your tool in it, and then expand it to HTML panel. Because HTML panel is nothing more but a nice-lookiing-interface in photoshop. Fo ScriptUI help check out Peter Kahrel's pdf file ScriptUI For Dummies https://indd.adobe.com/view/a0207571-ff5b-4bbf-a540-07079bd21d75

Other then that - google, forum search, pray, google, forum search, repeat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines