Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

'Save as' dialogue box not opening in latest version of photoshop

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, new photoshop user here. Everything has been working fine on photoshop up until today, I was messing around with images and went to click 'save as' but nothing happens, the box just doesn't appear. The text in the dropdown 'File' menu briefly goes gray as if it is loading something but then just becomes black again and no save as options appear.

I have the latest version (21.1.3) of photoshop, working on windows 10. Have tried resetting preferences, have uninstalled and reinstlled photoshop twice, still not working. I even scanned my computer health in 'command prompt' but nothing wrong there either. Was not having this problem a few days ago the last time I was using photoshop. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020
I was able to fix it! I followed a tip on this post about renaming the UXP folder:https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/no-welcome-screen-new-file-screen/td-p/9854370?page=1 Works perfectly now!

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any third-party plug-ins – a Font manager maybe?

I suggest you unistall Photoshop, using the drop-down menu in the Creative Cloud app,  then run Adobe Cleaner before reinstalling Photoshop again. Here's a link to Cleaner: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html
Let us know how you get on.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response, I ran the cleanup tool after uninstalling photoshop then re-installed it, (did 'clean all') but unfortunately I still have the same problem. I should also mention that the buttons 'New' and 'Open' are also not working, and that when I open photoshop I do not have the usual start screen showing recent projects, it is just a blank grey screen with the toolbar at the top of the page. I do not have any third party plug-ins either.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check your system specs -- how much RAM etc.

Did you reset your preferences under the General tab in Photoshop preferences ? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have reset the preferences and then restarted photoshop but still all the same issues. My laptop is a HP envy notebook from 2014, it's getting old and it was never meant for running heavy softwares but it was running photoshop just fine up until now. 

Some specs:

HP ENVY 15 Notebook PC

Processor: AMD A10-5750M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 2.50GHz

Installed RAM: 8.00 GB (7.21 GB usable)

Let me know if there's any other information I should provide! Apologies if there's something I'm missing.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There are similar post if you can try the following link and update us whether it works for you or not.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/save-as-dialogue-box-won-t-open-can-t-save-files-in-photosh...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-2020-21-0-2-on-macos-catalina-10-15-1-file-save-d...

If any of the solution works for you let us know.

Best regards

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix it! I followed a tip on this post about renaming the UXP folder:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/no-welcome-screen-new-file-screen/td-p/9854370?page=1

Works perfectly now!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem some months ago, worked with Adobe support, who did a bunch of I don't remember and solved the problem.  Just today, the problem reappeared. My Library->Application Support->UXP directory has already been renamed to ~UXP (Adobe support must have done this). So now what? Name it back to UXP? 

I'm running PS 21.2.4 on a late 2015 iMac running macOS 10.15.7 Catalina. I've been reluctant to upgrade to PS 22 because of the age and general decrepit state of my machine. Would upgrading PS be of any help with this problem anyway?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the kinda same issue, pls help! I can't save as psd. file because of the "save" or "save as" dialog box does not appear. When I clicked on "save" or "save as" nothing happen...that mean I can only use "export", but I need to keep my process as psd. 

I  renamed it to ~UXP too, but it's doesn't help at all...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same is happening to me right now. I have macOS Big Sur 11.4 and the Save and Save As window never appears 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines