• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save as dialogue box won't open - can't save files in photoshop!

Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First time today I am experiencing some new problems.

The "save as" dialogue box won't open. Same with the "open as" dialogue. "Export as" does open a dialogue box, but will not finish exporting the files.

Until today everything was fine. No major or minor changes to my system.

And yes: I tried everything: starting my system over and over again, reinstalling Photoshop, resetting all my settings, starting Photoshop as an admin, installing an older Version of Photoshop and installing it in a different directory on a different harddrive.

Still: I can't save as.

The "save" option works though. But I need "save as.." - it is not grey, but black and when I click on "save as..." nothing happens. No dialuge that prompts me to enter a filename or anything.

I need help!

Every help is appreciated!

PS: it doesn't seem to be a Photoshop problem - the same error occurs in different programs e.g. windows notepad etc.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

https://forums.adobe.com/people/ole+christianl8312799  wrote

PS: it doesn't seem to be a Photoshop problem - the same error occurs in different programs e.g. windows notepad etc.

Hi

You may need to scan your Windows file system for corrupt files

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

You can also try System Restore

How to Use System Restore in Windows 7, 8, and 10

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, no offense, you have written a lot, but said nothing.  You haven't even provided the most basic system information, much less anything else. For all we know this could be some tool on your system blocking the dialogs or a botched screen configuration placing them off screen, but it really is impossible to know. You need to do much better and actually offer us something that might give us clues.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for quicker answers"):

https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7044

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/ole+christianl8312799  wrote

Hi

You may need to scan your Windows file system for corrupt files

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o...

You can also try System Restore

How to Use System Restore in Windows 7, 8, and 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

blad_photoshop.jpg

For about two weeks, the same problem began to appear on my students' computers in the lab (only on a few of the 10 pieces), and on Tuesday the same problem appeared on my, the teacher's, computer. All the students' computers have exactly the same configuration and nothing else was installed on them. System - windows 11 pro, domain work, 20GB RAM. Nothing helps, even trying to reinstall the program. I will emphasize again - all computers have the same configuration, so I do not know what the issue is. Maybe someone has some ideas?
Attached is a screenshot of what it looks like.

====POLISH TEXT=======

Od około dwóch tygodni ten sam problem zaczął się pojawiać na komputerach moich uczniów w pracowni (tylko na kilku z 10 sztuk), we wtorek ten sam problem pojawił się na moim, nauczycielskim komputerze. Wszystkie uczniowskie komputery mają dokładnie tą samą konfigurację i nic innego nie było na nich instalowane. System - windows 11 pro, praca w domenie, 20GB RAM. Nic nie pomaga, nawet próba reinstalacji programu. Podkreślę jeszcze raz - wszystkie komputery mają taką samą konfigurację, więc nie wiem, o co chodzi. Może ma ktoś jakieś pomysły?
W załączeniu zrzut ekranu jak to wygląda.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines