• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save as Pdf is no longer possible

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So since I last updated Photoshop, I can't export as Pdf anymore. The button for Pdf is just nowhere to be found. Not in the 'save as' as well as 'save copy'. I know about the changes Adobe did in the Summer, that you can't save it with 'save as', but it still worked till yesterday..The thing is with some files it still works with others it doesn't. Expecially when the file was used in Illustrator before, it's not showing up 

what can I do? 

Bildschirmfoto 2022-01-12 um 19.13.00.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

The size of the document is the problem. It exceeds 2GB in file size.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Chrisi0809 Are you saying that with "Save As" you don't see Photoshop PDF in the Type dropdown list? How are your File Saving Options checked in your Preferences under File Handling?

JainLemos_0-1642012532253.png

JainLemos_1-1642012631039.png

JainLemos_0-1642012806211.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a 16 bit per channel image. You need to turn it to an 8 bit per channel image to save a PDF, I suspect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes that's what I meant. I checked the settings now and everything is the same as in your screenshots, but it's still not working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this too, it's not working as well. It's still not showing up in the drop down. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good catch, @Test Screen Name, but that shouldn't matter as I can "save as" any RGB 16-bit files to PDF. However, I notice that the file open in @Chrisi0809 screenshot IS a PDF to begin with. I can still save a 16-bit PDF to a PDF again with "save as." I don't think I've ever been able to choose PDF using Export As or Save for Web in any version. Unless this has to do with exporting art boards or layer comps to PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The size of the document is the problem. It exceeds 2GB in file size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines