• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save doesn't work, forces "Save As".

Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save doesn't work, forces "Save As"... no, I won't go into preferences to change something that should be default behavior.

Personally, I'm getting sick of all these changes-for-the-sake-of-change that are the direct result of your subscription model nonsense. I know lots of others are, too.. unfortunately, they're not as vocal as I am... hopefully that changes soon. 😉

As a user of PS since the 90s, one of my favorite things about Photoshop these days is showing people alternatives to it... speaking of the 90s, I wonder what Alanis would say about that.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're writing in to a user-to-user forum. We can't help you with this issue. If you have a suggestion, please not it in the Ideas tab, at the top of the forum.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@d2 wrote:

no, I won't go into preferences to change something that should be default behavior.

You can use Save as a Copy if you refuse to revert to the previous behavior in Preferences > File Handling > File Saving Options:

• Enable Legacy Save As
  • Do not append Copy to filename

When Apple made changes to the API and broke the Save As in Photoshop, the developers were left to find a fix that was cross-platform.

Your complaints need to go to Apple:
https://www.apple.com/feedback/macos.html 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines