Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save for web error - Mac OS Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have an issue saving gif for web with my OS to Catalina (10.15.2).

When I try to save, there's a message saying :

"Adobe save for web error. Could not complete this operation. An unknown operating system error has occured."

I tried to delete "save for web prefs.psp" but nothing has changed.

Capture d’écran 2019-12-18 à 09.57.14.png

Capture d’écran 2019-12-18 à 09.55.45.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 153 Replies 153
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what worked for me. 

When exporting, check your image size. You can see below that my pixel width was 8192. I needed to make the pixel size smaller. I kept the same proportions  (Keep the chain icon locked), and lowered it to 4,000 (pictured below as well).

The error message disappeared and I got my gif!

Hope this helps. 

1.PNG

2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this same issue happen for the past two weeks. My friend walked me through it. I recently signed up for Dropbox Backup and apparently that was the issue. I had to disconnect Dropbox Backup to make my Photoshop work correctly. 

Grateful we found the problem, but WHAT THE HECK. How annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way I resolved this issue for a user was to provide full disk access to photoshop - No error

GIF animated perfectely fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I recently had this same problem. I couldn't save for web on certain files, but it worked for other files so I knew it wasn't an OS issue. I tried restarting, checked the image size and none of that worked. I then gave Photoshop Accessibility in Security & Privacy and still that didn't work. What worked for me was going into my Preferences -- Adobe Photoshop (Year) Preference Settings and deleting 'Save for Web Prefs.psp' and also deleting Preferences -- Adobe Save for Web 13.0 Prefs. Restart and tried saving again and it was successful.

Hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines