• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save for web (legacy) - Error

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm trying to create a 3x3 IG grid of a logo. The full logo is 3240x3240 pixels and i've used the slicer tool to divide up the grid into 9. Unfortunately, Photoshop will not let me save to web. I've tried the following:

1. Restarted photoshop
  2. Checked image size and canvas size to ensure they're the same
  3. Tried saving the design as JPEG, PNG and PSD before attempting to save to web.

Any other tips to get it to work? Or are there alternative ways to save each slice as a separate image to then post to instagram? I'm using Photoshop 2024 and a maxbook air (Sonoma) FWIW. Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The legacy save for web has an input resolution limit of 8192px - otherwise larger content is scaled down.

There are many posts on this in the forum and links to scripts that can bypass save for web and create layers from slices (export as has a 15,000px limit) or save as slices without the limitations of save for web.

Edit:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/p-remove-the-8192px-limit-on-save-for-web/i...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/photoshop-quot-export-as-quot-size-li...

P.S. If you have evenly divided horizontal or vertical areas on the canvas, you can just crop using canvas size with a suitable anchor point, save/export, undo and repeat (forget about the slices). Easy enough to put into an action if you do this regularly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried...

1. Restarting the computer?
  2. Using a different file to confirm that you don't have a single problematic file?
  3. Resetting the preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines