• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save stuck on 0%. HELP! [2019]

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest version of Photoshop 2020 (21.0.1). I tried saving my file and it stuck on 0%. I figured because the autosave is on I can close it and I might lose only the last few things I did. God was I wrong. I lost all my work. I did some work again and decided to manually save it again. Little did I know I have the same issue. Is anyone else experiencing this? I don't know what to do. I don't want to lose everything again. I tried duplicating everything and saving that file bot it didn't work. Please help as this is important work. I'm using a 2017 Mac if that has anything to do with it.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 160 Replies 160
Participant ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course not. As many other bags its following months, some tume - years. Nobody care about it. 

Only new bugs and performance problems added and PS going worse and worse. 

Thanks to subscribtion system and monopoly position photoshop on market - there is no any reason to adobe works about any improvment for this software. And its  will be same situation or even worse in future. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kate,

For future reference this is a community forum. Sometimes Adobe pops in and responds but this is mostly community members like me who respond.

Have you read through and tried the suggested answers?

This post has gone on for so long, may others have added different issues to it so it's hard to follow.

There is a proven solution for Mojave and using external drives - the issue is starting with Mojave Mac OS security settings mess up saving directly to a non-Mac formatted externals. Reformat your external to a Mac format and there is no issue.

There isn't much Photoshop can do about this since its a Mac OS issue. The same thing occurs with Office products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kate,

Ooong's post and solution above works - repasted below:

Hi guys, I was suffering from the same problem. 

It's not an exact solution, but it would be helpful for someone who is about to lose the file. 

*It works when you can still use all the functions of Photoshop but it just says the evil 'saving ... 0%' (and can't save other things)

1. select all the layers in your project 

2. Layer > Duplicate layers 

3. Destination > Document > New 

4. put a new name on the Name tab

5. you will get a new project which has the same layers

6. Save it

It saved my work and I hope it will work for you too. 

Best,

Kris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having a similar problem now.

But a SOLUTION i found was when I opened my PSD file (double-clicking from Finder) it opened a new project in Photoshop without my changes. I was able to duplicate the changes I made on my old PSD and copy it to the new PSD, and save it. Though I didnt make any filename changes to the PSD file, it opened as a new project on PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a great solution, good thinking!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a workaround, ableit an annoying one, for this issue.

Had a file stuck at save 0%, while the project was still open, I converted all layers to a smart object, waited for it to compile, then double-clicked said smart object, opening a new window with all the unsaved layers, saved that as a .PSD not the native .PSB, force quit, then restart. Luckily this worked for me and all my layers were still editable and unrastered the only downside is that it cropped the file to my largest out of frame image, so some canvas reformatting had to be done. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me just now... stuck on 0% saving. I pressed command option escape to force quit photoshop and that worked for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me and I found out it was because I had moved the file location while my PSD was open and unsaved. When I went to save it, it couldn't find where the file was supposed to be so it generated the error. You'll have to make sure to save and close your PSD before moving or renaming the file in your Finder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.  Group all layers

2.  Create a new document.

3.  Move grouped layer to a new document

4.  Save

5.  Problem Solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem (latest PS in Sept 2020)... I'm trying to copy the layers over to another document, but this really isn't good enough.  Adobe's software quality is beyond unacceptable now.  I'm replacing PS with Affinity, Premiere with Resolve and downgrading my CC to just an AE subscription, which unfortunately I can't replace yet.  I just can't rely on Adobe any more. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. I am not saving to an external drive, working locally. Catalina OS and everything is up to date. stuck on 0% save and anytime i try to re-save it says theres a program error. luckily I see theres a workaround in the thread so I don't lose all my work, but this is super frustrating and has been going on for at least a couple months. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here on a High Sierra machine saving to an external hard drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening to me...Mac High Sierra,  PShop 10.13.6....trying to save to Desktop

did Export As and saved to Desktop

also when I did Force Quit of PShop, Recovered image came up when I re-opened PShop

ugh!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to clarify....I did Export As (while it was showing 0% saved) and saved to Destop and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue right now, I duplicated the image and saved it, this saved me hours of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, always after I add a Curves adjustment layer with mask into a folder that has a mask also.

I'm on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kukac! That helped me. When I rename a curved adjustment layer, with a mask, in a folder, that's clipped to a smart object, I cannot save. If I leave the adjustment layer named "Curves #" the document saves just fine. This only occurs with curves. Renaming H/S has no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and curves adjustment layer has a blend option. Anyway, I gave up and ungrouped. Haven't had an issue when it's not grouped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Happens at least once a day. Running PS 21.2.4 on iMac 27" 2019 Mojave 10.14.6 and NOT saving to external HD so that's not an answer. This bug makes your product broken. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I regularly have this same problem on my internal SSD running Catalina. My workaround is to go to "Edit" and then "Assign Profile" then choose another colour profile then click OK, you will now be able to resave the document. You can then switch back to your preferred assigned profile and contine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New year, same problem. Grateful for the work arounds, but any news on adobe fixing this?? Seems like it would be top priority. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this issue still there???

I keep losing my progress now and then. I am on windows and using internal ssd.

Ridiculous!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe that Adobe has not fixed this yet.
I posted this issue a year and a half ago and a lot of people still have
issues with it.

It's unbelievable and very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The very first thing you need to do is check disk formatting. exFAT is no longer accepted in MacOS (since Catalina) - it has to be HFS+ or APFS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines