• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SAVE TO CLOUD DOCUMENTS GREY IN PHOTOSHOP

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I go to save the image Photoshop does not allow me to choose to save it to cloud document. The icon is not active and remains grey. (see picture). I have never saved my images to the cloud, so maybe is a dummy question. What can I do to activate it?

janee_0-1677949720168.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

I had this issue as well. I was able to fix it by logging into creative cloud and checking to see if I had any new pending Photoshop Updates. Once I installed the updates and re-opened my Photoshop document the Save to Cloud Documents button was no longer greyed out! Hope this works for you too!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@carlo prearo 

You are trying to save a jpeg as a Cloud document. Does the icon become active when you change the file format from jpeg to psd?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ummm... no... I'm not trying to save it as a jpeg to Cloud. I'm trying to save as psd to cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are trying to save a jpeg as a Cloud document. Does the icon become active when you change the file format from jpeg to psd?

By @jane-e

Ummm... no... I'm not trying to save it as a jpeg to Cloud. I'm trying to save as psd to cloud.

By @PeggyJS61

Peggy, are you and Carlo the same person? Carlo's screenshot showed a jpeg and my reply from April 2022 that you have just now responded to was specifically to Carlos and his situation. 

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and have been experiencing it since the last update. The icon is greyed out and I am connected to internet, cloud is synched, and have tried all file types. The previous update I had issues with 'saved to cloud' files simply dissapearing. Now this last update doesn't allow me to save to the cloud at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here I've never had this issue until 2023! Glad to know I'm not alone but really hoping I find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Literally having the same issue right now trying to save a photo with drawings on it. I thought I was alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've narrowed down my save issue locations:

it's only happening on certain wifis. If I connect to my personal wifi or through my cell phone everything is normal and I can save to cloud. If I am on university wifi the icon is grayed out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am testing and it works when file type is changed to PSD as already suggested by @jane-e . I am on Windows Phortoshop 24.2.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue as well. I was able to fix it by logging into creative cloud and checking to see if I had any new pending Photoshop Updates. Once I installed the updates and re-opened my Photoshop document the Save to Cloud Documents button was no longer greyed out! Hope this works for you too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I tried this and it did not work. Do you have any other suggestions? I have tons of space left on the cloud and it is only this one file that won't save. I have made files like of these kinds for years and have never run into this problem. This is the first one that has given me trouble and I don't know why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you fix it? im running through the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2024 Mar 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Updates did not work for me!  I WANT to save to the CLOUD, but it's greyed out. On the preferences, it DOESN'T EVEN SHOW the option: DEFAULT FILE LOCATION ???? I've spent hours updating, and searching for a solution, but have found NOTHING that works! :^( 
Photoshop Version: 25.5.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines