Exit

Saving Opacity maps and others

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

App version: 23.2.2.325

Platform: Windows 11 21H1 x64

Hello everyone, this is my first post in the Adobe community, please don't be too harsh. Tell me how to save the Opacity map or any other map, when I choose to save, only the map with the Albedo color is saved?

You need to get the Glossness, Subsurfake, Specular maps and save these maps as separate files.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

"why use 3D packages for this?"

The process involves de- lighting to remove all shadows etc and leave just a flat coloured map. Then the information for each of the PBR maps e.g. Diffuse, Metal, Roughness, Height, AO, Normal needs to be calculated. Photoshop does not have the tools for even the first step. It had some basic height and normal generation but that is part of the 3D functionality that is deprecated and being removed.

Substance Sampler and Substance Designer do have the necessary t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you provide a more detailled description of the problem? 

Photoshop is not 3D software (its limited 3D capabilities having been deprecated), so what exactly do you mean with all those 3D-properties-terms and how do they relate to the image in the screenshot? 

What file formats are you saving to, how is the image to be used thereafter, …? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a map from Mgascans, I didn't find the maps I need and I need to create new maps based on one photo, is it possible to make similar maps in Photoshop? Based on the color map, I need to make other maps.132.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got some maps, but I would like the white background to be replaced by the color of the texture of the map, maybe I'm not expressing myself correctly, but I want to understand for myself how to create maps with one camera and programs for creating PBR materials.

Some examples of maps, I know they were created in Photoshop or in some other programs, but I want to understand the background color is automatically generated according to the color of the map, or is  the background somehow selected by itself? In Photoshop, you can create maps, not everything, as I understand it.12.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to create those 3D maps, that you listed, from a single 2D image as a starting point? If that is the case, then Photoshop is not the right tool. Adobe Substance Designer and Adobe Substance Sampler both have the tools and functions to create a set of 3D texture maps from a 2D image. 

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In general, I need to create maps from one Color map, all maps are 2D pictures, why use 3D packages for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"why use 3D packages for this?"

The process involves de- lighting to remove all shadows etc and leave just a flat coloured map. Then the information for each of the PBR maps e.g. Diffuse, Metal, Roughness, Height, AO, Normal needs to be calculated. Photoshop does not have the tools for even the first step. It had some basic height and normal generation but that is part of the 3D functionality that is deprecated and being removed.

Substance Sampler and Substance Designer do have the necessary tools and controls.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Substaince Alchemist so that I don't have to install a lot of programs, in which program can I use the features to create maps? I have such a task, to create in Speedtree a plant that is not found anywhere in the libraries, based on my photo of the plant, to create the listed maps from one map with the color, but so that the background is filled with transparency. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can use Substance to create the maps from a single color source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I no longer have Alchemist installed as it was replaced by Adobe 3D Sampler, but look for Image to Material (or it may have been called Bitmap to Material back then). You import the image and use that filter then you can amend with other filters if required before exporting the 3D maps.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This video helped me to create owl cards https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxbzVg32RvI

Thanks everyone for the replies.

This tutorial will help you get familiar with Adobe's new Substance 3D Sampler software. You can follow along by downloading my photos and the multiangle chart here https://gum.co/PYeDA. Also, if you'd like to take your own photos then I'd recommend that you checkout this tutorial from ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines