• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

scratch disk error photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently I've run out of scratch disk space. 
This is the first thing that is absolutely ridiculous - I have 100GB+ free in the main storage which apparently it uses by default.  

I've seen that it can be purged in photoshop edit menu. Because of this error I can't open photoshop to purge it though.  
This is the second thing that is absolutely ridiculous - why would the scrath disk being full be allowed to prevent ps from opening like this.

Then I've spent the last 30 minutes searching for the mysterious "chat" option to solve this here.  If all there is are forums, why list "chat" as an option.
This is the third thing that is absolutely ridiculous about this.

I've also been using photoshop for years and years and years and paid one of the higher rates to be able to access all apps, yet I can't get support with this money and the literally mountains of money earned by Adobe every year.
This is the last thing that is absolutely ridiculous about this.

Why am I even having to write this because of any one of these things.. let alone all 4?!?!  I consider my time pretty important to me.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Again, I'm assuming that Photoshop reports the correct amount of disk space. If it doesn't, I fully agree that's a problem.

And it seems like that can happen on OSX Catalina and later—the solution in the thread below was to add a partition and make it the primary scratch disk, but I would run Disk First Aid before resorting to that:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/scratch-disks-are-full-but-have-900gb...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines