• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scratch Disk Full issue

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm struggling to open photoshop for the first time on my pc, it keeps coming up with scratch disk full and then refusing to open. I have tried using ctrl + alt to change the scratch disk location but it still wont work. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I have 606 GB of free space on my pc so I am not sure as to why it says the disks are full. I'm using windows 10 if that helps.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to enhace the memory space,hope problem shall resolve... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We apologize for the scratch disk issue you are facing with Photoshop.

Would you mind sharing the version of Photoshop you are using by going to the Help menu > System info? Also, the amount of free space you mentioned which is available on the computer, is that available on the C: drive?

You may check the article linked below to check if the suggested steps help with the issue.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/using/scratch-disks-preferences.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks for your response, as I cant actually open photoshop I cant find the help menu, but according to where it is saved in my files it says: Adobe Photoshop CC 2019, File version 20.04.26077 if that helps. The storage mentioned is on the D: drive the same as the photoshop is installed on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D drive, not D:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Launch Photoshop with the Ctrl + Alt keys pressed in the in the pop up you mentioned to change the scratch disk, leave the first drop down on start up but add your C drive and D drive to the second and third drop downs.

clipboard_image_0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that, its still coming up with the scratch disks full pop up and not opening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try to reset the preferences as suggested by Dave and check if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi, just tried that and I reset the preferences but its still saying it could not initialise photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try a preference reset. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/using/scratch-disks-preferences.html#adjust-scratch-disk-prefer...

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines