• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scratch Disk Full

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have been having an issue with my photoshop scratch disk full. My disk drive storage is left with 233gb and when i start using photoshop, it went down to 162gb, and when i add pictures to my canvas it went down further to 52gb and will have a scratch disk message. I've been trying ways to fix it through purging the cache, temp files, delete storages in my disk, decrease the performance memory usage but still continues the same. What is the issue? How to solve this?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you work with large files (and many files open), it's perfectly normal that Photoshop needs 200 - 300 GB, or even more, for the scratch disk.

The scratch file contains all history states for all open documents plus overhead. That's much more than any RAM you may have installed, and orders of magnitude more than individual file sizes. All that data has to go somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not a bug, just the way PS works. But see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-scratch-disk-is-full.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines