• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script Alert "You should only run scripts from a trusted source."

New Here ,
May 23, 2008 May 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a small javascript which opens Photoshop and resizes some images.

I want to be able to double-click the .JSX file from Windows Explorer, and have Photoshop execute the script. Likewise, I want to be able to run the .JSX file from the command line.

The script runs perfectly. However, the problem is that I don't want any user interaction. I want to be able to run the script from the command line without the user having to click anything. What happens now when I try to run the file from Windows Explorer of the command line is, I get a Script Alert with the following text:

You are about to run a script in Adobe Photoshop CS3. You should only run scripts from a trusted source. Do you want to run the script? Yes/No

Is there any possible way to bypass this message or to answer in the affirmative?

Thanks,
Jamie L.
TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2008 May 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put your scripts here:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Adobe Scripts

"A trusted location" and they will run without the message. For photoshop you can put them in the [AppInstallFolder]/Presets/Scripts and they will also show in the File->Scripts menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked it and in fact, scripts ran directly from C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Adobe Scripts are not preceded by that protection question.

Problem is that I can't keep there my scripts. So question to users or even Adobe is if I want to have my scripts in other folder than that only one mentioned (in Tom Ruark reply) how to avoid popping up that qestion:

"You are about to run a script in Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 bit). You should only run scripts from a trusted source. So you want to run the script?" (YES / NO)

Is there a way to turn it off pernamently? My computer is trusted source for me   I don't see reason to press it each time I run some script 😕 especially when some of my scripts are part of automation process, and that wouldn't be okey some program stopped because I have to confirm I'm sure I want to run my script...

In addition if those scripts are on server of local network where each computer got installed Photoshop, there is no need to send scripts to each computer. There can be done only shortcut to the folder with scripts.

Haven't ever noone experienced this problem, isn't there any solution?
Dialog window.jpg

Edit: I found solution, you may read about in this theard: Exiting photoshop from a jsx script

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2008 May 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It works just like I wanted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2009 Nov 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi... Sorry to revive such an old thread,

Does anyone know the "trusted source" folder for MAC CS4.

EDIT!

My bad.  "The /users/<user_name>/documents/Adobe Scripts" folder is working for this purpose for me.  I needed a path to it and forgot that the ~ resolves to the current user.  Sweet.

-Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Launching it via the "open with" options seems to avoid the pop up. So the command line equivalent:

start "" photoshop.exe PathToScript\ScriptName.jsx

should do the trick. (worked for me at least)

In addition, for those trying to call it via a separate program, you can set up a .bat file with the command and target that rather then the .jsx file itself. (Depending on where that .bat file is located, you may have to make some changes to "internet options" or you'll be substituting one pop up about untrustworthy scripts for another).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines