• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script help: Crop based on select subject

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to create an action, but think it's going to take a little more than that to accomplish what I am trying to do.  Please let me know if for some reason it would not be possible.

I photograph full length portraits(natural background-Not Green screen).  I am looking to be able to auto crop based on a set amount of pixels above the head and feet(based on the select subject) and then be able to crop in a certain aspect ratio(5x7,8x10,7x10, ect....) keeping the padding above the head and feet keeping the subject in the middle of the photo.

_DSF2838.jpg

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only hack at Photoshop scripting most of my knowledge come from searching this forum.  There are few Photoshop scripting resources on the web and there are few published book.    I can not type and actually do not know javascript so I only hack script I think I would use.  I have no interest in a script like you want.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A related topic thread here:

Batch cropping to aspect ratio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone tried this plug in

World's Best Volume Photo Cropping!

Seems to be exactly the intended purpose.

I ask because I'm looking for a solution to auto-crop out heads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the time since I posted a reply to this message, with some code, I've taken that code and rolled it into a full script with interface. Anyone interested have a look and see if it suits your needs for auto cropping. Download free here Auto Crop

William Campbell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've updated the script to use content-aware cropping.

Auto Crop

Also I now have a YouTube of using the script. Photoshop Script Auto Crop

William Campbell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines