Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script needed… 300dpi and save as jpg and png batch

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

I am looking for a script that does the actions. 
1. resize an image to 300 dpi and NO resampling

2. save new sized image as a jpg AND png

3. If it can remove rgb of 255 on the png it would be a blessing ... but even 1&2 will save me hours

I have about 1000 watercolor images and the remove background is always tricky
In BATCH 

anyone have an existing script like this you can recommend? 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Thank you for your response... I will looking this tonight.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried a batch action? Everything you mentioned can be performed via an action and the batch command.

As for scripting, although a custom script can certainly do this, I'd suggest using the Image Processor Pro script.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/ps-scripts/files/Image%20Processor%20Pro/v3_2%20betas/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I did read about this on another post... will try tonoght

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you processed the watercolour images to have pure white 255 backgrounds? I wouldn't expect this from a scan or photograph. An action or script could use blend if sliders to make the 255 luminosity value transparent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't heard of this method... where in the app is this option? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will vote for Image Processor Pro, here is my tutorial(s) on that topic, ask any additional question you may have https://www.dezigneasy.com/2015/11/image-processor-pro-and-photoshop-cc.html

When it comes to remove white bgr I think you must run batch twice with IPP because there is no option to instruct it to save PNG after JPG but to wait action "action to remove background" to run first. Record separate action to remove background then process only exported PNG files which will be in separate folder after processing them in first batch, there is option to create folder and even to name it during batch.

Action to remove background depend on many things, if your subject is in center for example you may try different things like to select top right color using some of the selection tools if background is always pure white. There is newer option to select subject or as suggested by @Stephen_A_Marsh to try using Advanced Blending options from the Layer Style dialogue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response... I will looking this tonight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi- I got the Image Processor Pro to work to change files to 300 dpi in batch.  

However, the action to remove the background isn't working for me.  

Off to find a new action.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines