Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script Request

May 25, 2010 May 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I don't know anything about scripting other then I think it is the solution to what I want to perform.  Can I get a script to add a watermark (user input text) to multiple images and save them to a different location?  What I am looking at doing is adding a photographers initials and location to all the photos taken at a photoshoo.  I want the text to be at the lower left corner, embossed, and about 20% opaque so you can see it but can still see what is under it.  I have done this with actions but to get the user to enter the initials and location with the action they have to do it to every image.  I want them to only have to do it at the beginning of the script running.

Is this possible and if so can someone help me with this as I have no clue as to how to write a script.

Thanks in advance.

I am using CS4 on a Windows XP Pro platform

JB

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2010 May 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Russell Brown just released something for CS5 that should do the trick for you.

http://russellbrown.com/scripts.html See the Adobe Watermark Panel for CS5. An older version for CS4 is down a bit on the page. The Watermark Creator Version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 26, 2010 May 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This script looks like it would definatly work for me but I am not a NAPP member so I can't download it.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

JB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may be telling secrets, but it is the installer for the new panel that is CS5 only. If you download the CS5 version and manually install it in CS4 it does work.

Extract Adobe Watermark.jsx, Adobe Watermark.swf, and the two png files to the plug-ins/panels folder where Photoshop is installed and restart Photoshop if it's open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well I tried downloading the CS4 version and it didn't require a password afterall (just says it does on the site).  Thanks for pointing me to the write place this is working great.

JB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines