Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script that parses directory for folders with a particular name

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am a graphic designer with minimal knowledge of JS and I am currently trying to figure out how to do the following…

I have two Photoshop action scripts:

1) The first one alters an image to be put into a particular template layout that shows the item as a finished product.

2) The second one saves the image and then closes it from Photoshop.

(I was using this action inside the File>Automate>Batch feature to save all opened windows that were made from the first script, into a selected destination folder)

I want to have a script that searches through our main directory and looks inside each folder and sub-folder, for folders that are titled ‘WEB IMG’.

Once it finds one, have it run the first script on those images(jpgs) and then have the second action (the save) put them inside that same folder. When finished running that folder, have it then continue searching for the next folder called ‘WEB IMG’. Repeating this process until all folders have been searched and operated on.

How do I accomplish this? I searched online for awhile but couldn’t find anything that was of the same situation as this.

The closest thing I found was this but still…

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1853028

Any help would be REALLY appreciated.

Thank you,

Juan

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

juangong2015 wrote:

I am a graphic designer with minimal knowledge of JS and I am currently trying to figure out how to do the following

I have two Photoshop action scripts:

I want to have a script that searches through our main directory and looks inside each folder and sub-folder, for folders that are titled ‘WEB IMG’.

Once it finds one, have it run the first script on those images(jpgs) and then have the second action (the save) put them inside that same folder.

Repeat this process until all folders have been searched and operated on.

How do I accomplish this?

I searched online for awhile but couldn’t find anything

Learn JS and Photoshop Scripting and program the process. Processing all needles in a haystack may take some time.  While you are developing your script test it on a small haystack  with one or two needles in it.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This little function will iterate through a directory's files and subfolders. The only required parameters are a folder to search in (line 1), and a keyword to look for (line 2).

You can do whatever you want once it finds the specific folders you're targeting (line 10).

var mainFolder = new Folder('~/Desktop/Delete');

findFolders(mainFolder, 'WEB IMG'); // Define keyword

function findFolders(folder, key) {

var files = folder.getFiles();

for(var i = 0; i < files.length; i++) {

if(files instanceof Folder) { // Make sure it's a folder

if(decodeURI(files.name).indexOf(key) >= 0) { // Filter by keyword

// Do something - Run actions

}

// Continue recursive function

findFolders(files);

}

}

}

Hope it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines