• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scripting a Save As command

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2010 Mar 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to script a Save As dialog?  I need to resize an image multiple times and between each time have it save the file to the original location as a jpeg with a suffix.  I already have the script to resize the image, but I cannot find a Save As script.  Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Mar 11, 2010 Mar 11, 2010
var doc = app.activeDocument;
var docName = doc.name;
docName = docName.match(/(.*)(\.[^\.]+)/) ? docName = docName.match(/(.*)(\.[^\.]+)/):docName = [docName, docName];
var suffix = '_300';
var saveName = new File(decodeURI(doc.path)+'/'+docName[1]+suffix+'.jpg');
saveJPEG( app.activeDocument, saveName, 10 );

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like it's time to make a new topic then, for only the sequentially numbered PSD/JPG request so that it has more visibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nothing happend with my D Drive. Actually i am making a Photo Album Designer extention. So i maked some psd templates which i stored in D Drive. So i want a script which allow to see whole containing all psd templates with thumbnail and can select from the dialog box which templates I want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually i am making a Photo Album Designer extention. So i maked some psd templates which i stored in D Drive. So i want a script which allow to see whole containing all psd templates with thumbnail and can select from the dialog box which templates I want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If none of the scripts you can find on the web works the way you want you will need to code your own custom script. In the scripts dialog you should be able to have a select template button that can be used to the interactive select the template you want to use  like some of the scripts in my free Collage and Mockup toolkit. Or to select a Photo Album folder that contains a collection of photo page mockup to populate with images.

The Green remembered from the previous use. Red to select a different template for the current batch populating run,

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where i got your app? can you provide link ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Free Photoshop Photo Collage and Mockup Toolkit 

Not an App its a collection of Photoshop Scripts and Layer Styles you add to Photoshop.....

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2015 Oct 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have a script to save a jpeg multiple times in one command? I'm working on an art project based on generation compression. I'd really appreciate the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2015 Oct 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will not be able to do multiple save as a single command.  You can do multiple save ins a Action or Script.   The Image Processor Pro plug-in script lets you easily do that. You cav dowmload that from the web.. Image Processor Pro / v3_2 betas  Its dialog looks like this;

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is 12 years old and you post here links to those from 2022 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you replied to it 13 hours ago, bringing it onto the radar again. It seemed appropriate to cross-link the two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The update I did refers the issue that you can't find on this forum and connects posts from around same period. Anyway, that was appropriate when you took this thread on radar by linking it from other, but targeting the current one from much older doesn't look good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines