Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Scripting Listener

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to install the Scripting Listener plugin in Photoshop 2021 (mac intel OS 11.5.2). I used the 2020 plugin since it seems to be the latest version. I have installed scriptinglistener.pluging in the ../Photoshop 2021/plug-ins folder and restarted Photoshop.

I can find scriptinglistener under plugins or Automate. Any help/suggestions would be very appreciated.

Thank you

-JPK

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry typo: "I cannot find scriptinglistener under plugins or Automate"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ScriptingListener.plugin doesn't show on any menus in photoshop, it's used to

record events in photoshop so that you can use that info when constructing scripts.

Photoshop puts the contents into java script in a file on your desktop called  ScriptingListenerJS.log

Scripting with the Photoshop ScriptListener Plug-in

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

Problem solved, the plugin is working as described in the well writen article. 

Thank you for your help!

-JPK

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make a pleasure by marking appropriate answer as correct solution 😉

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines