• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrolling issue when using Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! I draw frequently on my Surface Pro 4 using both a Bamboo Ink and Wacom intuos, and have run into an issue where when drawing, vertical motions with a tablet pen result in scrolling up and down instead of drawing. There's no visible on-screen cursor (no hand icon) and it only happens with photoshop- no issues with paint or SAI or any other drawing program. This occurred after updating my Surface this morning, and it was working with no issue immediately prior to updating. I've tried reinstalling drivers for both the Ink and Intuos, deleting Photoshop and reinstalling from scratch, restarting and updating my computer, all to no avail. Any possible solutions to this issue?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Everyone!

The problem got fixed with the latest windows update from yesterday - April 23, 2018 - KB4093105 :

"Addresses an issue that might cause some users to experience unexpected panning or scrolling in certain apps while using the pen."

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4093105/windows-10-update-kb4093105

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, the solutions given here just aren't working for me. None of them. I'm seriously worried about this, because I have to be able to draw. If anyone could help me out, I'd deeply appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did all the steps that Dave suggested and sadly it did not work for me. If I click off windows ink, I lose pen pressure. If I click window ink back on I will have sporadic usage. Sometimes it will scroll, sometimes it will "paint" and other times it does nothing. I am beyond frustrated with this as I need to work. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is your salvation:

reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pen /v LegacyPenInteractionModel /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

add this key in registry, it wall fix the scroll problem without uninstalling anything and weird config files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay so still need a bit of help. Im using a Surface Pro 4, used the microsoft command line and that fixed the weird scrolling, but my pen cursor is still missing. it draws fine, pressure is all good, i just cant see the cursor for my brush sizes or tools when using the surface pen and its getting super frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t use a surface but once in a while I will accidentally have cap lock on without realizing it which makes the cursor a very hard to see crosshairs instead of the normal aize changing tool cursor. Check to see if caps lock Is on maybe. If that’s not the problem try checking the cursor setting in preferences in photoshop. Or if it’s really a surface problem the fix could be something else entirely. no sure in that case, maybe try googling that problem

specifically in case it’s not related to this one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay well i figured it out and it was stupid ridiculous, i ALMOST feel dumb for not checking it first.

It seems as though when MS updated windows (the first update that broke Photoshop scrolling) They changed the behavior of the settings in

"Pen and Windows Ink"

[Pen]

[Show Cursor] on/off

I had it off because Originally it behaved separate from photoshop, meaning that the cursor would be visible in the Windows 10 OS, but it was up to specific Programs to show whatever cursors they use.

so prior to the update, i wouldnt get the Windows mouse cursor when i used my surface pen in the main Windows 10 interface (i didnt like the little hovering circle), but programs like Clip Studio and Photoshop CC would have their own independent pen cursors.

But with the update (both the broken update and the fix update), that changed with photoshop and the cursor was turned off completely. (I still had the cursor in Clip Studio which is why i didnt bother checking that setting... like i said i feel stupid for not toggling it first before wasting a poor Adobe agents time trying to figure it out)

aaaanyway... i figure i might as well post my solution to save anyone else the embarrassment of not checking the setting first lol.

If your cursor is missing in photoshop... toggle the pen and windows ink pen setting to on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone is atill having problems there’s a chance you are not using the 2018 version of photoshop, or you have an older version installed as well at the 2018 version and you are launching the older version. Open the adobe cloud program on your computer and click update next to photoshop if it’s an older version. If there is no update available try clicking ”launch application” next to 2018 photoshop directly from the adobe cloud window instead of a shortcut on your desktop. Once updated recheck the folder stated in the earlier fix and try again.

Another thing that could be causing a problem is that the .txt file you are creating is from another text creation program and it’s saving internally as a different type of file than a .txt. If you were to create this file using ms Word or something like that you would get a “.doc” instead of a “.txt” and the fix would not be applied. not Sure if these apply to anyone still having issues but I thought I would bring them up just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone!

The problem got fixed with the latest windows update from yesterday - April 23, 2018 - KB4093105 :

"Addresses an issue that might cause some users to experience unexpected panning or scrolling in certain apps while using the pen."

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4093105/windows-10-update-kb4093105

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, here is a fix that does not involve registry editing: Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines