• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Seeking Efficient Methods for Applying Generative AI Effects to Video Frames in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Photoshop Community,

I am exploring the capabilities of generative AI in Photoshop, particularly in applying AI-generated images or effects to video frames. While I understand the process of applying effects to individual frames, I'm looking for a more efficient method that doesn't require manipulating each frame separately, as this can be quite time-consuming for longer videos.

Has anyone in this community tackled a similar challenge? Specifically, I'm interested in:

1. Any scripts, actions, or automation techniques within Photoshop that can apply an effect across multiple frames extracted from a video.
  2. Methods for using video editing tools like Adobe After Effects or Premiere Pro in conjunction with Photoshop to streamline this process.
  3. Insights on AI models or plugins that are particularly effective for video processing in this context.
  4. Advice on programming custom solutions or using cloud-based services for batch processing video frames.

I'm aiming for a workflow that maintains a high quality of output while significantly reducing the manual effort involved in processing each frame. Any tips, tutorials, or resources you could share would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help and insights!

Best regards,

MarsEverythingTech

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MarsEverythingTech you're ahead of your time. AI is actively being developed for use in Premiere and After Effects for this same purpose: "Project Fast Fill"

https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2023/10/11/max-sneaks-2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for pointing me towards Adobe's "Project Fast Fill" and the ongoing AI developments in Premiere Pro and After Effects. I am primarily looking for solutions within Photoshop for my current project, focusing on applying generative images or effects to video frames. However, I am also open to exploring the capabilities of Premiere Pro and After Effects, especially if they can automate or streamline the process of applying effects to each frame of a video.

The integration of AI in these platforms sounds promising, particularly for tasks like content-aware fill and object manipulation in video sequences. If these tools can support creating and applying generative images across video frames efficiently, that would be a significant advancement for my workflow.

I would appreciate any further information or insights on how "Project Fast Fill" or similar AI features in Premiere Pro and After Effects could be utilized for such purposes. Also, if there are any current or upcoming features in Photoshop that align with these capabilities, I'd be very interested to learn more about them.

Thanks again for your guidance!

MarsEverythingTech

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MarsEverythingTech I don't have a crystal ball but I doubt there will be a video frame component to Photoshop before there would be integration into the other applications. Those are more suited for these purposes. Photoshop primarily is an image editor with some video capabilities - not a video editor first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for the information about Adobe Photoshop's capabilities and the potential integration of Project Fast Fill into Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects. I understand that Photoshop is primarily an image editor, and these advanced video editing features are more likely to appear first in dedicated video editing software.

I am very interested in Project Fast Fill and its capabilities for video editing. Could you please provide any updates on when Project Fast Fill might be available for use in Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects? Any information on its release timeline would be greatly appreciated, as it seems like a tool that could significantly enhance my video editing workflow.

Thank you for your assistance!

Best regards,

MarsEverythingTech

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MarsEverythingTech Unfortunately Adobe does not publicly release information related to future tech/releases.

There are public betas available in the Creative Cloud desktop app which would have newer features than the current public releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Thank you for the information. I understand that Adobe doesn’t publicly share details about the release dates of new technologies. However, I am very interested in trying out Project Fast Fill as soon as it becomes available. Do you have any insights or educated guesses on when it might be released in beta or any general time frame based on previous releases of similar tools?

Additionally, I’d appreciate your recommendation on whether Adobe Premiere Pro or After Effects would be the better investment for utilizing Project Fast Fill when it does become available. From what I gather, both programs could potentially integrate this technology, but which one would you suggest as the primary platform for video editing with generative AI features?

Thank you again for your help!

Best,

MarsEverythingTech

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines