• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select and Mask no longer showing a preview of changes being made until you close the window.

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried going to an older version, resetting preferences, selecting/deselcting options. and I cannot get Select and Mask to work anymore the way it did just a couple of weeks ago. Whenever I try to use it, it appears that my selections (no matter what tool or settings I select) are doing nothing, no matter if I'm subtracting or adding to the existing mask. Until I close the Select and Mask window and whalah! Anywhere I'd moved any tool, the mask is changed. I can't for the life of me figure out why I can no longer see what I'm doing in the actual Select and Mask window.

Changing any of the settings in the Select & Mask window on both Color Aware and/or Object Aware does nothing. Still no preview. I've selected/delected, updated, backtracked, tried different files, new files, etc... for the past 3 hours. I can't figure this out. And, it's likely the simplist thing, right?

I have macOS Big Sur, v. 11.3.1, Radeon Pro 570 4 GB graphics. 16GB memory... Adobe Creative Cloud, so the latest version of PS.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, this isn't caused by the "Show Original" being checked... just thought I'd throw that in there...

Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 2.16.41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Please let me know if you've found how to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I was about to create a new post when I saw yours.

It started recently and I don't know what else to do. I tried every step I could find to solve the problem, inclued the the steps I found on this community, but nothing seems to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem Mac OS 11.4. There is no preview for reworking a mask that I have saved prior to this morning.  I also have the latest version of Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with the latest version as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also got the latest version of Photoshop. Not sure what's going on yet, but glad to see I'm not the only one (thought I was going crazy!)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There is an open bug report on this linked below. You may wish to add your comments

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-v224-select-and-mask-workspace-prev...

It only affects select and mask when entered via a layer mask. Entering with or without a normal selection works OK. It affects both Mac and Windows.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the Technology Preview thing that was suggested there and it didn't work.

I usually only use this tool to create a color fill over another layer and I can't see what happens anymore when I select the color fill and click on Select and Mask to edit it. Sliding the options like Feather or Shift Edge, using one of the tools to add to or subtract from the existing mask does nothing. Until I click OK and then anything I did is there—except this isn't of any help to me since I can't actually see what I'm doing in the Select and Mask edit window... I even tried reverting to an older version of Photoshop and that didn't work. I'm at a complete loss...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

disappointing there are any answers that resolve this problem
anyone have a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't delete--I meant to say, "it's disappointing there aren't any replies that help resolve this problem. Does anyone have a solution to share?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its 2023 and I am having the same problem. Is there no one with a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@danielmur789  The bug that was discussed in this thread was fixed in v22.4.2. You might want to start a new thread describing your exact issue and your system

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines