• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select and Mask Refine Edge Tool not working properly

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am mediocre at using photoshop, and I have encountered (I'm guessing a bug) where when you select an image using the "Quick Selection" tool and hit "Select and Mask," it will immediately shut down photoshop if you try editing it with the "Refine Edge Brush."

Is this problem occurring with anyone else? Does anyone know how to fix it? I've tried updating it to the latest update 20.1, and reinstalling it, but nothing is working.

Also does anyone know how to access the old Select and Mask; I know that before there was an old window and there is a command to open the old one

Thanks for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any crash reports generated on your system for Photoshop stopped Working?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know how to check that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

metakiko  wrote

(I'm guessing a bug)

I don't think so.  If it is crashing Photoshop, then there is an issue with either Photoshop or your operating system code.  The latter is not so easy to fix, but you can reinstall Photoshop.  I'd be inclined to run the cleaning tool after uninstalling, and before reinstalling Photoshop.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

There is a trick to access the old Refine Edge, but if you are using the latest version (CC2019) then Select & Mask is better than it used to be, and I am having no problems with selections nowadays.  

How To Access Refine Edge In Photoshop CC 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

metakiko  wrote

when you select an image using the "Quick Selection" tool and hit "Select and Mask," it will immediately shut down photoshop if you try editing it with the "Refine Edge Brush."

For troubleshooting purposes:

• Does it do the same thing if you use a different selection tool and then click Select and Mask?

• Try this: Make your selection > Save your selection (Select menu) > Save your document. If it crashes, reload the saved selection. Does it work now?

• You could also try quitting after saving the selection and the document, then reopening and reloading the selection.

• Is this all documents or just the one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines