• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

select inverse option is greyed out

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ive looked everywhere trying to solve my problem and cant find anything that works. im trying to select a person from an image using the pen took after I select the person creat a vector mask and hide the background layer the person is deleted and all I have is the background. i need it to select the person and grey out the background but the inverse option is greyed out.  Screenshot 2023-12-14 171918.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would appear that you are working with Photoshop. This forum is for Photoshop Elements. Suggest that you head over there.

Image Adjustments Not Showing Up - Adobe Community - 14299892

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Path Operations in the tool options bar and try the different options.

Items under the Select menu are for when you have a Selection made with, for example, the Lasso Tool, which gives you the "marching ants"

po.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Go to Path Operations in the tool options bar and try the different options."

Do not forget to click on vector mask before changing path operations and ensure path is selected.

change path operations for vector mask.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Along with what Jeff said above, you can turn your path into a selection and then the Inverse Selection option would be available under the Select menu. Go to the Paths Panel, and click the "Make Selection" icon at the bottom to turn it into a Selection.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines