• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selecting a tool with shortcut changes it

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have been facing a tool selection problem, so for example if I have the Brus tool selected and I press B (the brush tool keyboard shortuct) it changes to the pencil tool and it goes through all of the sub tools below it, this didn't happen before and it happens with every tool I use.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, try to reset your photoshop from prefereces hope this will be back to normal...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason this is happening is that a prefererence setting got changed, probably by accident.

To change it, go into Preferences, click the Tools panel, and select Use Shift Key for Tool Switch. When you enable that, pressing a tool shortcut key will not switch to the next tool in its group unless you are also pressing the Shift key.

Photoshop-preference-Use-Shift-Key-for-Tool-Switch.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, B is not only Brush tool shortcut, it is shared shortcut. Click on Brush tool icon in the Toolbar and hold to see pop-up menu with all tools in that group and look at the right side of tool where is visible shortcut for each of tools. Pressing letter B will cycle through tools from the group unless you turn on setting to require Shift key for tool switch.

b shortcut.jpg

To instruct Photoshop to switch between tools only when Shift + tool keyboard shortcut is pressed go to Preferences > Tools > and turn on Use Shift Key for Tool Switch.

preferences use shift key.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines