• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selecting all smart objects outside canvas?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a quick and easy way to select/delete all smart objects in a file outside the canvas? I know cropping deletes pixels in a rasterized layer, but it does not affect smart objects. I also know that I can hit "reveal all" in a file, but with the sheer size of the documents I'm working in, doing so creates another aggravating wait time since photoshop has to load all of them visually. 

Basically, is there a way to crop a canvas, then select/delete all the smart objects that are entirely off the canvas without doing reveal all? It would save me so much time. Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
People's Champ ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Я писал под последний шоп и совершенно забыл, что свойства width и height в дескрипторе bounds появились не так давно. Насколько понимаю, проблемы были из-за этого.

By @jazz-y

Нет. Тут массив canvas - это всегда обекты {0,0,0,0}, В этом проблема.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Дело в монтажных областях, которые я пытался обработать. В последних версиях это пофиксили и я на радостях забыл, что в прошлых версиях объект artboard был в каждом слое (даже если монтажные области ни разу не включались)

"artboard":{"_obj":"artboard","artboardBackgroundType":1,"artboardPresetName":"","artboardRect":{"_obj":"classFloatRect","bottom":0.0,"left":0.0,"right":0.0,"top":0.0}

в последнем шопе объект появялется, только если есть монтажная область (сколько же лет прошло, пока они до этого додумались!).

Обновил EDIT3, проверил его на CC2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Congratulations for Solution Century badge 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried running this script and it seems just delete everything including layers within the canvas.. The only thing that stayed was my base image layer that reaches each edge of the canvas. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the help of @r-bin , I already figured out what was going on. The problem is with the artboards and how they are described in different versions of Photoshop.
If it doesn't bother you, try again the EDIT 3 code in CC2018 (I just updated it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines