• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selecting an area

Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do I get three extra rows of pixels when I copy an area? It's something to do with anti-aliasing. I want only the pixels in the marquee, no extra border, please. It is annoying to have to go and crop them off when I paste them elsewhere.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @toddt51923266 

We understand the situation when there's an interruption in workflow. We're here to help! 

Which version of Photoshop are you using? Does this happen with all images?

Before selecting, you can try disabling anti-aliasing in the options bar at the top of the screen. Look for the " Anti-alias " checkbox and uncheck it before selecting. This might reduce the likelihood of extra pixels being copied. When making your selection, try to ensure that the edges align precisely with the pixels you want to copy. This can sometimes prevent the anti-aliasing from adding extra pixels outside the selection.

If you're using the Marquee tool and still encountering issues, consider the "Magnetic Lasso" tool instead. This tool can help you create a more precise selection by automatically snapping to the edges of objects.

We're here to help, just need some info.

Best,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ranjesha's suggestion to disable anti-aliasing should fix the issue.

In Preferences > Cursors, choosing Precise will let you more exactly view the area being selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines