• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selecting Tints From Colour Palette

Engaged ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In InDesign, if you have say 3 colours provided as a scheme, and you want to use tints, there's a nice slider tool, which I assume means that anything you select on that "tint ramp" adheres to the colour scheme you've been given.

However I can't find anything similar in Photoshop, you get a 2d ramp which lets one change in two directions from current colour, looks like saturation and darkness, and the tint line would go diagonally somehow.... does anyone have an idea how to select in a similar way to ID?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. The tints measurement in InDesign is all about the amount of ink that's going to be sprayed on the page in process printing. We simply see a visual representation of that lesser amount of ink, as a representation on our monitor. 
Since most of Photoshop is about RGB color, and contiguous tone, we're not given such precise ink controls. 
To accomplish what you seek, I'd suggest creating your work in Photoshop, and placing it into your InDesign document.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines