Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Send image to Photoshop

Nov 02, 2009 Nov 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to use PhotoshopSDK in my application to have a one button click to send the output images from my program to Adobe Photoshop ? I can save the images as jpg, BMP, TIFF.

Also, is it possible to have my application open from Photoshop ?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Nov 11, 2009 Nov 11, 2009

Listener plugins are your best friend here. Just as Chris has suggested, start with using scripting only: copy $PS\Scripting\Utilities\ScriptListener.8li into your plugins folder, run PS and try manually performing the operations you'd like to automate (i.e. open a PSD, open a file, select a layer, cut-n-paste it into your PSD file etc). When done, examine the log file - hopefully it will contain all the operations recorded for you; you can modify it (e.g. to use parameters rather than hard-code

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to read the SDK first.

You can have your application send a file to Photoshop without ever touching the SDK: save the file to disk and tell the OS to open the file with Photoshop.

You could have Photoshop launch your application, using OS scripting from within Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to send the image as a layer to a PSD file ? Like send the image but show it as a new layer for a PSD .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not so easy, because you have to tell Photoshop to insert the image into an existing document.

It is doable, but not easily - and it would use the scripting engine more than the SDK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 04, 2009 Nov 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible for you to kindly guide me to the right documentations ? I need to know what format the image needs to be saved as and how much effort it would require to send the image to a PSD. Any help appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 11, 2009 Nov 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any documents that I can refer to ? All I need to know are the scripting commands for Select All, Copy, Paste .Please let me know the correct documentation I need to be refering to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 11, 2009 Nov 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Listener plugins are your best friend here. Just as Chris has suggested, start with using scripting only: copy $PS\Scripting\Utilities\ScriptListener.8li into your plugins folder, run PS and try manually performing the operations you'd like to automate (i.e. open a PSD, open a file, select a layer, cut-n-paste it into your PSD file etc). When done, examine the log file - hopefully it will contain all the operations recorded for you; you can modify it (e.g. to use parameters rather than hard-coded values) and use it in your application. If for whatever reason its not enough and you need PS to do more than what scripting supports, writing an automation plugin as a helper is your next option (compile automation listeners first - you'll find all the documentation with the SDK). But again, I'd recommend starting with the scripting first - you are very likely to be able to do all or most of what you need using just that. Google 'Photoshop scripting' for more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 16, 2009 Nov 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked fine. Thanks a lot. I get the listener script give me what to put in the VB script. I run the script from my code and get my image open up in photoshop and as a layer in PSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines