Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Send merged image to PS extension?

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to create a panel for Photoshop which reads the composite, merged image of the current document, applies some effects to it, and mirrors it within the panel itself in realtime.  Here's a mockup of what I'm trying to do, in essence:
mockup.png

I was wondering if anyone could nudge me in the right direction for creating this extension.  It doesn't matter if I have to write it in Javascript, C++, or Java.  My original thinking was to make a separate Java application that used the Connect SDK on localhost, but after I did, it was only able to update after each brush stroke (instead of during, as I would prefer).  Is this possible using the HTML5 extension SDK and/or Photoshop Scripting and/or C++ plugins?  I'm doing my best to figure it out, but the documentation's all over the place.

Thanks!
---Sebastian

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Photoshop Scripting​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi UltimateWalrus,

I would use generator to fetch the pixels and write out a .png.

generator-core

This can run from Your html panel, even though it is not the officially supported way.

Then spawn an ImageMagick process which can do a lot of stuff with the pixels:

imagemagick

Convert, Edit, Or Compose Bitmap Images @ ImageMagick

After that, just read back and display the finished image.

Regards,

Oliver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines