• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Serious issue with handling .mov files in Photoshop's latest update

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After getting the latest update (25.9.1) I'm having a serious problem with .MOV videos on Photoshop! I used to drag and drop them as layers without any lag or delay but now Photoshop has trouble showing those files!

First it takes forever to load them and watch the videos! Second, Photoshop shows them as a blank video and when I try to play the video on the timeline, the entire program starts to slow down to the point I have to restart the program! I'm pretty sure it's not the RAM or GPU and CPU. I restarted my computer multiple times! This bug is something I never had a problem with even in my old computers! 

This bug is the most frustrating bug I've ever encountered with! 

If anybody has run into this issue please tell me what I can do to get rid of this?
Thank you 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue it was working fine on Friday now i cannot import and .mov files so i can then create a gif of animated chart. Does anyone know whey this is happening please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue. I have to open them in my laptop to convert them to GIF. My destktop does the same this as described by you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First time i have posted on here do adobe answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First time i have posted on here do adobe answer?

By @Joanne31079374sx7g

Feature Requests (Idea) and Bug Reports are registered at Adobe, otherwise this is essentially a user Forum, though thankfully some Adobe employees do occasionally chime in.

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for more timely and effective answers”):
https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/community-how-to-guide-tips-amp-best-practices/td...

What have you done for all-purpose trouble-shooting so far?
Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Can you provide a sample mov-file that fails to import for testing? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! Is this bug connected to Camera Raw update? Reverting to old photoshop version didn't help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reverting to Photoshop 23 worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've experienced exactly the same. I can no longer work on the gifs I was creating only a couple of weeks ago. I'm now using Media Encoder to export gifs for After Effects instead but don't have the same controls as Photoshop provides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've experienced exactly the same. I can no longer work on the gifs I was creating only a couple of weeks ago. I'm now using Media Encoder to export gifs for After Effects instead but don't have the same controls as Photoshop provides.

By @Simon22883307kcy0

Why do you need gifs for After Effects? Couldn’t you just import the mov-files? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@c.pfaffenbichler 

I think Simon means "animated GIFs from After Effects".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can tell, this issue pertains to QuickTime movie files that use the Animation CODEC.

If your movie uses the Animation CODEC, use After Effects, Premiere Pro, Media Encoder, or Shutter Encoder (donation-ware) to transcode the movie file to Apple ProRes 422 HQ if the movie uses Animation or Apple ProRes 4444 with Alpha if the movie uses Animation with Alpha (also called "Animation+").

If rendering a movie from After Effects, use either the "High Quality" Output Module Template or the "High Quality with Alpha" one.  If using an older version of After Effects that only has "Lossless" or "Lossless with Alpha", go into the Video Options and change the CODEC from Animation to Apple ProRes 422 HQ or Apple ProRes 4444.  Note:  transparency, or an alpha, requires using Apple ProRes 4444.

As ProRes, the movie file should open immediately in Photoshop.

I think this qualifies as a bug.  While Apple dropped support for Animation when it deprecated QuickTime as a system driver for time-based media back in 2013, Adobe has been supporting it directly.  As far as I am aware, support for Animation hasn't changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just recorded a couple of video clips and HEIC images on my iPhone 13 and Bridge 12/Photoshop 25.9.1 Mac opens all of them fine, Bridge 12/Photoshop 25.9.1 on Windows won't open them at all. I have the Windows HEIC codec installed (but not the payware HEVC codec.) Converting with Handbrake to JPEG and mp4 makes them Windows-compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines