• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharpen tool for iPad?

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I decided to try to use an iPad to process some photos.  I am surpised how few options it has.  I couldn't even process an image. I had no sharpen tool, I don't see the filters for blur or sharpen -> unsharpen mask

Hopefully I am just not seeing it. I was really hoping I could edit photos on the iPad, but without the features I can't do anythig, but pull a laptop.

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JasonRo 

Thanks for reaching out.

We understand the need for the tool for editing. 

We plan to add many additional features moving forward, and we appreciate your feedback regarding those you believe are the highest priority for your workflow. You can add your vote for new features so that our team knows which features are most important to you. You can upvote this feature request if you want something similar: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/p-sharpening-filter-on-ipad-mobile/idi-p/12....

Best,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How's that even possible? Blur & Sharpen are among the most basic features of Photoshop, around für >30 years. I get not everything can be included, but honestly...

Same with Illustrator for iPad. Adobe has done such a good job with the user interface on the iPad Apps and then drops the ball on some key features (not being able to snap points to paths in the case of Illustrator for example).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see the filters for blur or sharpen -> unsharpen mask

By @JasonRo

Photoshop for iPad does not have Unsharp Mask (or Smart Sharpen.) These are the only filters available on PS for iPad as of now, although you can convert to a SO.

janee_0-1678979769571.png

One thing to mention is that if you do something in PS for desktop, it will be accepted in PS for iPad. You are correct that it is missing many features, but I do like the interface.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines