• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shift + Ctrl + C doesn't copy merged, opens chat box instead

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2024 Jul 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! My hotkeys seem to have siuddenly broken.

The basic function of making a lasso selection and using Shft+Ctrl+C to make a merged copy of the layers in the selection is no longer working. Instead it opens some weird chat / dialogue box that I've never seen or used before.

I can still use this function if I go to the Edit menu and select Copy Merged but the hotkey doesn't work.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2024 Jul 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) and the dialog visible? 

Is the shortcut assigned correctly under the Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts? 

If the dialog is not an actual Photoshop UI element it would seem that the shortcut has been assigned to something else on the OS level. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2024 Aug 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's assigned correctly in Photoshop's keyboard shortcuts. I've never changed the shortcut there.

This is the dialogue box that pops up. 

Screenshot 2024-08-12 233011.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2024 Aug 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's assigned correctly in Photoshop's keyboard shortcuts.

But that’s probably not the problem; it would seem that the shortcut has been assigned to something else on the OS level. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any idea how to figure out what that might be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kate27886979hdz4 

The keyboard shortcut to stamp layers is not Ctrl+Shift+C, which is also a Microsoft shortcut for a screenshot.

janee_0-1723550800365.png

From Adobe Help for Stamp Visible:

You can disable the layers that you do not wish to stamp by turning off their visibility in the Layers panel and then pressing Shift+Opt+Cmd+E (macOS) / Shift+Alt+Ctrl+E (Windows). Also, you can hold Opt (macOS)/ Alt (Windows) as you select Merge Visible from the Layers panel’s menu to merge them into a new layer.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/layers.html#stamp-layers

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm talking about using "Copy merged",  Shft+Ctrl+C.

I've always used this for creating a merged copy of whatever is in a selection. Never had issues with it before.

Kate27886979hdz4_0-1723582693577.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines