• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shift + Scroll Wheel Zoom Not Working Properly on MacBook Pro

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a longtime Photoshop user on Windows PCs and routinely use the mouse scroll wheel zoom functionality. Additionally, I often hold down the shift key when zooming in this way to limit the zoom to the standard percentages (e.g. 16.67, 25, 33.33, 50, 66.67, 100, 200, etc.) that render a sharper image.

I recently purchased a MacBook Pro M1 Max and set up the Photoshop preferences to match those on my PC. The scroll wheel on my mouse zooms the document in and out as usual, but holding down the shift key on the MacBook while scrolling isn't limiting the zoom to the standard percentages, only zooming in larger steps.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

I'm using a Logitech MX Anywhere 3 mouse. After some experimenting, I found that the Logi Options+ software for the mouse seems to be causing this problem. When I disable the software, the zoom behavior in PS operates normally when using the scroll wheel. I've tried various configurations within the software to no avail. Perhaps this is an issue that Logitech needs to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David, I assume you are using Ventura.  Could you confirm that and version number?  Google tells me 13..2 is the latest, but I am just a Windows user, so I know nothing. 😉  

There will be a known issues page you can check, but I am sure one of the Mac guys will be along with a fuller answer soon

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-ventura.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor, my system shipped with Monterey installed (I'm don't have my MacBook in front of me right now and don't recall the exact version number). I haven't upgraded to Ventura yet, so that isn't the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using an Apple mouse or a regular mouse with an actual scroll wheel?

Depending on brand and model of mouse there may be software for that specific mouse with a setting that needs to be changed.

It works here using a mouse with an actual scroll wheel on both a 2012 MacBook Pro running

macOS Monterey 12.6.3 with photoshop 2023(ps version 24.1.1) and a 2022 Mac Studio running

macOS Ventura 13.2 with photoshop 2023 (ps version 24.1.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Logitech MX Anywhere 3 mouse. After some experimenting, I found that the Logi Options+ software for the mouse seems to be causing this problem. When I disable the software, the zoom behavior in PS operates normally when using the scroll wheel. I've tried various configurations within the software to no avail. Perhaps this is an issue that Logitech needs to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look specifically at the Scroll Wheel options.

Apparently the scroll wheel can have clicks or free-spinning depending on how fast one scrolls, so maybe there is a setting for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried those various settings as well. No luck. 😞

I guess I'll just have to make sure the Logi software is disabled whenever I am using PS until there is a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here.

Platforms: Macos 12.6.5, windows 10 using PC scrollwheel mouse and/or Apple Magic Mouse.

Problem only occurs only within Adobe apps. Windows and Mac Os apps do not show this problem.

Problem: when shift key is pressed, scroll speed (using scroll wheel or scroll function with apple magic mouse) is turbo boosted making working difficult. on mac the problem is less severe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

so what do we do i'm still having this problem (MacOs 12.6.5)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines