Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

shortcut ctrl+shift+U (desaturate) not working

Explorer ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop Version: 20.0.4 20190227.r.76 2019/02/27: 1205725  x64

The unsettling shortcut Ctrl + Shift + U does not work, the desaturate function only works via "image> adjutments> desaturate"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

I solved the error by assigning a new shortcut and then returning to the default shortcut

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to check your shortcut options. Maybe you can see if this shortcut is really there. This is also very helpful to set your own shortcuts.

Edit > Keyboard shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

In "Edit> Keyboard shortcuts", the shortcut "ctrl + shift + U" is defined for desaturate...!.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing that can break shortcut is input language, check that although for me Ctrl + Shift + U works with Serbian set as input language. Change input language to English if its not and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the international English language, also I already used English (North-America). This situation is recent, I believe it is verified in the next edition of Photoshop.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved the error by assigning a new shortcut and then returning to the default shortcut

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking at photoshop and it just works if you're working with a rasterized layer.

On smart objects it doesn't works. Is that the case?

Maybe you can try to create an action (using "ctrl+u"), desature your image and set a shortcut to this action. But I think you won't be able to use the same command ("ctrl+u"), cause default shortcuts to actions are with F keys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

<top> 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines