• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sign In Required - Install Photoshop CS6 (new)

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a install (client-side version) of Photoshop CS6 - unfortunately on a laptop that crashed and is already in my boneyard.

I am trying to install on a new machine and get this message:

Sign In Required --

Signing in with an Adobe ID and registering Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended [English (North America)] is required within 7 days otherwise it will stop working.

Your Adobe ID provides you an easy way to access your serial numbers, as well as, Adobe Creative Cloud and the Adobe.com community.

Question: if I have my Serial Number, how can I get support on unlocking this new install? Please help! Thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @CaseyB_007, to complete the online activation process, you may have exceeded the number of allowable activations. You'll need to chat with Adobe support team at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen. Type AGENT to be connected to a live person and ask for your count to be reviewed and increased if appropriate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jel,

I need help signing into Creative Cloud. The Live Agent at Adobe is stating that my PS CS6 is no longer supported... Grr.

I just need to unlock my PS CS6, but now I'm stuck because I don't have the budget to purchase a new subsciption plan on Creative Cloud. Can I still get up and running on my PS CS6 by signing into Creative Cloud. Please help! Thanks, Casey

Can you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community Forum Members: 

I have a client install of Photoshop CS6 - unfortunately on a laptop that crashed and is already in my boneyard.

I am trying to install on a new machine and get this message:

Sign In Required --

Signing in with an Adobe ID and registering Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended [English (North America)] is required within 7 days otherwise it will stop working.

Your Adobe ID provides you an easy way to access your serial numbers, as well as, Adobe Creative Cloud and the Adobe.com community. 

Question: if I have my Serial Number, how can I get support on unlocking this new install? Please help! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @CaseyB_007 did they sign in with their Adobe ID? After they sign in it will ask for the serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2024 Apr 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @CaseyB_007 did they sign in with their Adobe ID? After they sign in it will ask for the serial number.

By @kevin stohlmeyer

Never worked for me after the reinstall. Tried the QR code and the link provided - never communicated with Adobe and updated it.... And it shows as a Registered Product in my account, the irony.

Here was the answer given after explaining I'd already looked on the forums:

I understand your concern and could relate to it. Unfortunately only subscription based Photoshop application versions 22.2 and above are supported. Photoshop versions below version 22.2 are no longer supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to add to the irony:

"Thank you for your patience, I see that you do have an active Adobe subscription plan, may I know if you are using Photoshop perpetual product?"

So much for the term "perpetual". It's a simple activation that's not working, which is discouraging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Turns out the issue was that it doesn't work in Chrome. Copied/pasted the link in MS Edge, and it works... Registered now. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines