• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SKETCH FILTERS

Explorer ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Sketch filter in Photoshop CC 19 , doesn’t have the ‘comic’ and ‘sunny day’ options. Anyone know how I can get these filters, or something similar?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Apparently not, the features of Photoshop Elements and Photoshop proper are obviously not completely identical.

What did those Filters do in particular?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can ’t remember those Filters, but the oldest Photoshop version currently available to me is CS6.

In which Photoshop version were they part of the default Filters?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These filters are part of the Sketch filter options in Photoshop Elements 12. I don’t know if they were ever in any of the main Photoshop programmes

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently not, the features of Photoshop Elements and Photoshop proper are obviously not completely identical.

What did those Filters do in particular?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attaching an example of an image which combines the posterizing and comic filters.

Jeff Laurents

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mail replies don’t carry attached images here, you need to post them on the Forum directly,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not see then in CS3 the oldest version I have.  Also not in CC 2014 and CC 2018

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As previously mentioned, these filters are in Photoshop Elements, not Photoshop CC.

They do not transfer between the two applications.

If you meant that you updated to Photoshop Elements 2019, here is a listing of the filters available:

Photoshop Elements filters

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if the latest version of Elements has the comic and sunny days filters in the Sketch filter group?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it does.

filter.jpg

sd.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff,

Am I right  Elements  2019 works with Photoshop CC  Mojave, 2019?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just Googled the Elements Sketch filter options,  and from what I saw, this video from Toney Harmer and Jesus Rameriz might be useful.  The way to approach this is to  remember that working with a single Smart Object layer means you do not have  to  follow  verbatim.  Plus you can go back and fine tune.

The guys also mention brush sets from Aaron Blaise, and there are some very cool brushes over there.  Not free, but from $5 a set for some outstanding brushes, they are a steal.

https://creatureartteacher.com/product-category/tutorials-lessons/brush-texture-sets/?orderby=popula...

This is not the brush that Tony used, but I do love a good  set  of hair and  fur  brushes

https://creatureartteacher.com/product/custom-photoshop-fur-brushes-volume-two/

Aaron demonstrates how to draw hair using his brushes in this video.  A bit of a tangent, but the Sketch effect is something special.  And don't forget that you can use  the same on Smart  Object layer as a base to experiment.  It's a powerful, and highly flexible way to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines