• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow down 'zoom with mouse' wheel on Mac?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Photoshop (23.4.1) with both Mac Studio Ultra and on PC too from Creative Cloud.

One thing that bugs me though is when i use my mouse wheel to zoom in/out on an image.
On the PC, its really smooth and goes in smaller increments but on my Mac, every tiny movement on the mouse wheel (IE, one small scroll on MX Master 3) makes the image increase much greater and becomes almost erratic if doing 2 or 3 semi turns of the wheel.

For example, If working on a large image that displays at 33%, it can take a few turns of the mouse wheel to get to 100% on the PC and it does it smoothly with just the right amount of turns.

Doing the same on Mac, the image goes wildly up in % and the same amount of turns on the mouse wheel can see 300%+ and is really hard to get it near 100% on the mouse wheel alone.

I've found the same issue on various versions of PS so isn't just this latest update so is there a way or setting in Mac to slow down the zooming?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems all my Adobe apps are acting that way now with the Mouse Wheel. Glad I am not the only one. I am using a PC...
I can not even use the mouse wheel anymore for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried going into Preferences > Tools and unchecking "Animated Zoom"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that but makes no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late reply. It's looking more like a bug. The Bug reporting forum deals with this:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem/ct-p/ct-photoshop?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filt...

In the meantime you can use a previous version of Photoshop without uninstalling your current one until a update that deals with this problem is issued.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the previous versions have done the same thing too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to eliminate the possibility of this being a hardware problem, can you check with an Apple store or local Mac repair?

Maybe this may help:

https://mmazzarolo.com/blog/2021-07-11-scrolling-with-a-third-party-mouse-on-macos-looks-horrible/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has the same issue on my M1 Macbook 13" Air and 16" M1 Macbook Pro using a MX Master 3 and MX Master 2.
It has to be an Adobe issue and not a hardware problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you also opened a chat session with Support?

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Look for this icon in the lower right part of the page:

Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 8.50.58 AM.png

Keep a log of the chat.

If nothing comes of it, use a trackpad until they get it sorted out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just Validating that the problem still exists. Anyone found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines