Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slowness and lag in Photoshop 22.5.1 on Windows 10

Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, let's go:
Photoshop version v22.5.1 but I'm testing version 21.2.12 and the problem remains.
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
GPU - RTX 2080 Super
GPU Driver - Nvidia Studio 472.12

Windows version 10, version 21H1 with all updates.
I have two 27" monitors, both Full HD (1920x1080) 144HZ.

Delays always occur when zooming in on the material I'm working on, slowness when opening boxes like Blending Options, applying styles and changing fonts.

Opening the Photoshop preferences box takes 2 seconds to open and it always happens.

In the GOOGLE DRIVE I tried to show the slowness in simple actions recording my screen. 

I believe I was clear about my pc information.

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand the disregard for the community that uses the products, so I'm studying other alternatives so I don't become dependent.

I changed my entire configuration, not least because these problems were slowing me down.

I now have an i9 11900k, 32GB, NVME and an RTX 2080 super.

I can't say it hasn't improved, but I had a Ryzen 9 3900x with serious stuttering issues.

neglect. This is the word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any improvement? I'm honestly disappointed Adobe hasn't fixed this issue.

My PC is a little older (Dell spec)

i9-9900K

Nvidia 1080 GTX (non-Ti)

32GB of RAM

NVME drive for boot and a number of SSD

And I use my machine primarily for video but Photoshop is awful. The resizing issue is getting worse and not even dealing with high resolution. I'm not new to Photoshop either since I've been using it for CS2 days.

I'm also looking for an alternative at this point. I can't run a business with this much downtime that adds up; I don't know why Adobe does not understand that. This isn't MS Paint we're talking here lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no at this point it's safe to say we are the casualties of numbers, if 10-25% of the people that use their products complain then they still have a good rate of positive reviews, they aren't going to spend the time on figuring out which boards and chip combinations has problems till it becomes the vast majority. 
They also know guys like us that still have to pay them because of legacy clients so why should they bother fixing the issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently the problems I had with AMD are gone.

But, I see a lot of crashes when working with artboards, even with this configuration.

I feel that the apps are not fully optimized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect it's AMD and some chip sets, there seems to be a theme for some. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When scrolling the canvas with hand tool, it is really laggy. Especially when the Navigor window is open.

With Photoshop v19 and v20, everything was smooth.

But with PhotoShop v22, v23 and v24, is is TOTAL laggy. I could not test Photoshop v21.

I have all 4 versions installed.
v19 and v20 => Fast and fluent scrolling
v22, v23 and v24  => Laggy scrolling

My system:
GeForce 760
16 GB
Intel  i7-4770K.

I know, my machine is not the fastest anymore, but with PhotoShop v20 it is still working perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exhausted by the time wasted trying to find fixes and work arounds. Corporate greed at it's finest. Perhaps if I was a shareholder I may get their ear. I'm posting all over this board with little to no replies from Adobe. I too am experiencing lag with Photoshop. I pump more money into my system, PS finds a way to get worse.
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core Processor 3.70 GHz

128 GB (128 GB usable)

Windows 11 Pro 22621.2070

4 TB Samsung SSD for PC
1 TB Samsung SSD for Scartch
Nvidia Quadro P5000
I've been using PS since 1999. It has never been as bad as it has been in the past 5 years.

I know they're all giddy about Firefly over there, but enough with the overhyped gimmicks and cash grabs and PLEASE put that effort into customer service and security. It shouldn't take hours from our workflow in a futile quest for solutions to THEIR bugs. Also, Tech companies as a whole need to stop hiding their customer service lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I recently bought the competing program, from the Affinity package, which is lighter, pays more attention to customers and even though I have to relearn it, it will be more usual for me.

I got tired of sending messages, trying solutions. And no one from Adobe comes to help, except the so-called "experts" who earn nothing for it, recommending reinstalling the software, restarting the computer, among other bad and meaningless solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines