• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smart Filters non responsive

Participant ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a small JPG image ( see attached) that is RGB, and turned into a smart object. When I try to apply a filter from the filter gallery, they are all non-responsive. All the other filters in the filters menu work fine.  Very weird. I was using them earlier today on another image without problems. But apparently they decided to quit for the day. What  a great way to disrupt work flow when you're on a deadline. 

Using PS 24.7.0 on Win 11.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

I'm going to do an uninstall and re-install. Apparently my updated subscription version of PS is buggy. Don't know why. It worked fine earlier today.  But I have deadlines to meet and I can't afford to work with defective merchandise. I don't see anything from the online Gurus addressing this, either. Hmmm. 

Time passes...

I am now waiting for a CB from adobe CS after having spoken to the 1st CS who decided mine was a "technical" issue. I must say her English was better than most.

More time passes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When things suddenly stop working, it's best to try to reset your preferences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you reset preferences for Filter Gallery? I thought that only applied to tools. The Filter Gally is the thing that is non-responsive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting preferences: Preferences > General, click Reset Preferences on Quit.

That resets preferences overall for Photoshop, including Filter Gallery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check if your image is 8-bits per channel. (Image > Mode menu). And check if your image is RGB (not CMYK). Also make sure that the layer is not locked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did all that 2 x before I posted.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case next step would be resetting preferences as Chuck suggested. Well, you could try closing and reopening the file fist.

If resetting preferences doesn't fix the problem you may need to uninstall/reinstall using Adobe CC Cleaner tool. https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you reset preferences in Filter Gallery?  I thought that only applied to tools. I've closed and re-loaded the image several times and closed and opened the app a few times, too. No change. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferences > General, click Reset Preferences on Quit. That resets preferences for Photoshop including filter gallery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you meant  Edit > Preferences... I found it. Tried it. That  didn't work. I do notice that when I click an icon in the filter gallery, the base layer (checkerboard) flashes for a microsecond. Does that mean anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm going to do an uninstall and re-install. Apparently my updated subscription version of PS is buggy. Don't know why. It worked fine earlier today.  But I have deadlines to meet and I can't afford to work with defective merchandise. I don't see anything from the online Gurus addressing this, either. Hmmm. 

Time passes...

I am now waiting for a CB from adobe CS after having spoken to the 1st CS who decided mine was a "technical" issue. I must say her English was better than most.

More time passes....

Apparently the app heard I was reporting it and now it's working again. Bizarre.  

We're done here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines