• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smart Object from Illustrator to PS not updating correctly

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy and pasting a vector file from Illustrator into Photoshop as a smart object no longer saves the way it used to. In Photoshop, when I wanted to make a change to the smart object, I would double click on it in the layers panel, it opens in Illustrator, make a change, cmd + s to save, back to Photoshop and the smart object would update. Now after updating to Ventura 13.2.1, the process is the same, but after saving and returning to Photoshop, my fonts show up differently.

1 - Smart Object in Photoshop
1 - Smart Object in Photoshop.jpg
2 - Making changes to it in Illustrator and then saving
2 - Making changes to it in Illustrator and then saving.jpg
3 - Return to Photoshop with different results
3 - Return to Photoshop with different results.jpg

After posting this on the Illustrator UserVoice forum, we have concluded that the issue was:

The problem got resolved when fonts got activated for Photoshop in the font manager app.

It seems that for some reason Photoshop does not warn users about missing fonts in smarts, although it should not be relevant, since PS reads the PDF content from a smart to render it...

Needs further investigation.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @the-hoff curious what font manager app you are using?

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@the-hoff 

Can you tell us the names of the typefaces (including the kind) as well as the font manager you use?

Jane

EDIT: I didn't see that Cory also asked for the name of your font manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines