Exit

Snap to boundaries

Community Expert ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody

I may miss something…

Photoshop is snaping to boundaries when resizing or displacing shape, OK but not when I create one. Let say you want to draw a shape initiating in the upper left corner and want it to snap to the document corner… How do you do that? I do not see any magnetism in this case…

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

When you say boundaries, are you refering to the edge of the document? And, what tool are you using--the Shape tool or the Marquee tool? 

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for your answer. Using the shape tool.

I.E. drawing a simple rectangle with doc size is a nightmare. Have to draw approximately and then resize to snap…

Wiuld be great if PS had same snap features than Illustrator…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I normally set guides on my document boundaries, so when creating shapes and such, they snap to the guides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. Placing guides is a way to obtain snaping to edge but so boring… In this case it simpler to draw any size and then resize to edges with snap feature working.

I will send a feature request to Adobe…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines