• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

So much waste of time with all those incredible bugs in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2024 Aug 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's stunning how much of my time is wasted by Adobe through all those "new" features that seem to be never be tested before release. And even more stunning to see how much money this beta software costs, compared to how often I'm using it as other's software is becoming better and better. Every time I choose to use Adobe Software I regred it!

I need to name my first public example now (after hundreds I had to silently handle before). Again, I was led to use artboards in Photoshop, as it seems to be the best idea to create some mockups for a car wrap and have all perspectives in one file. Saving the file as a pdf takes soooo much time on a current M3 Macbook Pro. And after saving you have to realize, that Photoshop ignores its own artboards and exports one big screen. Just useless.

Second try, using the dedicated "Export artboards to PDF"-Feature (why on earth should I NOT want this after using artboards!?). Takes ages too and you have to realize the features spits out images with errors. In Photoshop the following "car" is completely visible. Photoshop just decides to use some mask of a different layer and put it somewhere else.

[Removed by moderator] ! Can someone please help me to spread this and force Adobe to get their work done before using the shitload of money we pay them every month to create stupid and useless "AI"-features no one wants because, guess what, THEY DON'T WORK ANYWAY!!!!

Moritz32883752nus6_0-1722959636426.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Btw: The exported pdf has 115MB. After squeezing it through a third party PDF Squeezer Tool without compression its 4,8MB afterwards. Why do other tiny software developers handle the pdf file format better than the company who build this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Moritz32883752nus6

I wanted to acknowledge how frustrating this issue/blocker is and would like to try and help you. To confirm, it sounds like you're trying to save each layer as a separate file, correct?

If that is the case, this is known as "generating image assets" in Photoshop.

This feature has recently moved in the menu and will require that you activate it again.

1. Open Photoshop > File > Settings > Plugins > Enable Generator.
  2. With the PSD file open, select File > Automate > Generator Plugins > Image Assets.
  3. Append appropriate file format extensions (.jpg, .png, .gif, or .svg) to the names of the layers or layer groups from which you want to generate image assets. For example, rename the layer groups, Rounded_rectangles and Ellipses, as Rounded_rectangles.jpg and Ellipses.png; and the layer, Ellipse_4 as Ellipse_4.gif.
  4. Save your file. This should create separate files for each layer that has a file format extension.

Let me know if that helps. 

^CM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

^CM, thanks for that. I see "Image Assets" being bandied about in the forums, but never get around to knowing precisely what that phrase means. Copied and pasted to my Notes app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No I'm trying to export a pdf with a page for each artboard via File > Export > Artboards to PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines