• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 10 - 7 a day!

Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It's Friday again which means it's time for a new weekend challenge! It's hard to believe we've had ten of these now.

I was reading the other day about the 7 a day fruit and vegetable advice for healthy eating and though I wonder what the Photoshop folk would make from a group of fruit and vegetables. So here they are - 7 fruit and vegetables. I cheated on the healthy bit and stuck a potato in there, and a mushroom is also probably bending the "rules". Of course for those in the UK, where the campaign was 5 a day, then you only need to use five of them .

As usual, anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes - just the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun.

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side. 

To download the image below without the forum scaling artefacts, right click and then use Save Image As / Save Picture As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW10FruitandVeg.jpg

Have fun

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I didn't know I produced anything so complicated.

Wasn't it Picasso who loved it when the experts explained to him what he had been doing?  Puts me in good company Thanks Terri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nicely done Rista - I like it a lot .

Jodi - Terri is right - that palette does look like the old oil paintings. Nice !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attempt#2

zzzzzzzzzzzz ... wish I could sleep so peacefully

weekendchallenge10b.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I like that Jodi. The colors and texture are reminiscent of Italian renaissance paintings . See what I mean, particularly in the dress?

Mona_Lisa.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Terri and Dave ! The Nik software helped in that sort of feel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the way the spuds are getting washed Dave... very clever

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Dave, bit late to the party been busy and this is probably another something a bit weird for the weekend from me

SFTWdone4.jpg

P.S. sorry I was hungry and ate the rest of the fruit and veg yum yum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange and surreal Ged .

You've just reminded me that I need to dig out an image for tomorrow !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

Strange and surreal Ged .

Well I did say something a bit weird LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love this but I'm very into highly saturated colors. Do they have good psychiatrists in Ireland Ged? They probably could have an entire conference based on this image I think this is another case of 'Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds' mixed with two much Guinness-why aren't you at Cheltenham anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That made me laugh Terri.

Not into the horse's couldn't tell it's head from it's tall, anyway rugby's on tomorrow

Think I was having flash backs from my hippy days with this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would have made a Pink Floyd album cover

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

It would have made a Pink Floyd album cover

Dave

Featuring Syd Barrett for sure — I can't listen to Shine on You Crazy Diamond' nowadays without feeling sad.  I have heard differing opinions about whether Syd fried his brain with wild overuse of hallucinogens or if he was always destined to be taken over with his schizophrenia.   I have read that synthetic cannabinoids can cause long term psychosis so maybe one drove the other.

I always assumed that some of those early album covers were inspired by artists under the influence.

King Crimson's first album was the stuff of nightmares!

In the Court of the Crimson King - 40th Anniversary Box Set - Front cover.jpeg

Not a bad idea for a SFTW subject. Instead of an image, put up some words, and invite us to create an album cover for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea Trevor , I'll keep that one in my pocket for this week though. The new challenge is up and running here:

Something for the weekend - Part 11 - We're having a ball!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What an amazing day for Ireland on st Patrick's day 2018

000f8daf-614.jpg

There will be lots of this drank today

4562f024f968a1393e78965db367604a.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ha ha ! Yup !! Ancestry DNA says I'm 17% Irish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jodi_Frye  wrote

ha ha ! Yup !! Ancestry DNA says I'm 17% Irish

Is that 17% Irish whiskey Jodi My grandparents came from Cork which means I have been able to apply to be an Irish citizen-no idea how long it will take, but I'm more European than English and hate the idea of Brexit and love Ireland, even though it rains a lot lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only rains in-between the showers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yuk Terri. Hate whiskey. Can't get it past my nose. The Irish is from my mother's side. Her father and she is pretty sure he was Irish though she never met him or knew who he was. We are still waiting for her DNA results. We are pretty sure Irish will be heavy on it.  I've seen pictures of Ireland. Such a magical world. But ya the too much rain is a downer for me. But I guess that is why the countryside is so lush and green !! Can't have it all ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Terri+Stevens  wrote

I love this but I'm very into highly saturated colors. Do they have good psychiatrists in Ireland Ged? They probably could have an entire conference based on this image I think this is another case of 'Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds' mixed with two much Guinness-why aren't you at Cheltenham anyway?

One of the news reports about the novichok incident quoted a scientist who was accidentally exposed to a tiny amount of the nerve agent, and reported seeing 'brilliant colours and hallucinations'.  (The article is from the Washington Post which restricts monthly views, so if you have run out of page views and don't have a subscription, use a Private Browser window).  While the Salisbury incident is hardly a subject to be taken likely, I do wonder if Ged lives down wind of that city. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really awesome Ged !! Love the brilliant colors as well !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jodi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines