• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 11 - We're having a ball!

Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The image below was snapped inside the ballroom in Blair Castle, Scotland. Situated near Pitlochry, the castle is well worth a visit and some parts date back to 1269 AD.

The trouble is my image of the ballroom shows it empty. It is still used to host Highland balls, wedding receptions and private dinners. So your challenge this week is to put on an event in the ballroom.

As usual, anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes - just the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun.

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side. 

To download the image below without the forum scaling artefacts, right click and then use Save Image As / Save Picture As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW11-BlairCastle.jpg

Have fun

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's simply awesome Trevor ! I'm a bit dizzy now though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha ha That's really incredible work Dave !! Made me smile for sure !! Really neat ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure I will get you for this Dave , I bear grudges

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha. To be fair, I did include myself - you don't think I actually go around playing the bagpipes do you (at least not all of the time). Anyone I left out - there is always another weekend

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jodi and Rista, I love what you have done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did somebody say "Ball"?

Basket Ballroom.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor - I like it. I may be wrong, but is this the first gif we've had in these weekend challenges ? Next we need the After Effects gurus to join us with full movies

Semaphoric - good idea - I'd not thought of turning it into a basketball court

Keep them coming guys

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

Trevor - I like it. I may be wrong, but is this the first gif we've had in these weekend challenges ? Next we need the After Effects gurus to join us with full movies

Dave

The Shooting Gallery in Part 4 was an animated GIF, albeit with long delays built in.  AE Would be perfect for SFTW —  Mylenium  is a wiz with AE, so let's try and get him to play.

Shooting-Gallery-4.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd forgotten about that one Trevor, also yours 

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see the ball "animating" into the net!

(Is that a word?!?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love the basketball game !! Reminds me of my elementary school gym. They didn't have much storage at the school and the gym always had stuff piled along the edges ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Curator is getting interested!

Dave, my apologies for the theft.

Week11-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha ha that's awesome Rista !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Rista, but I'm not as thin as that-my husband thanks to you, having seen that, has told me to go on a diet I must admit though I wish I knew where I could buy that velvet top as I really like it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My elderly relatives - the ones who think Photoshop is the corner camera store - consider me the best family photographer because in my pictures they always look like they really do:  20 lbs lighter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ha ha Rista I thought you were going to say 20 years younger.   Wish I could use the healing brush on my actual face !! Bye bye wrinkles hello smooth skin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines